How to make the holidays happier for the whole family
The holidays bring a feeling of joy and love during these very cold months, but it also brings stress. Reena B. Patel (LEP, BCBA) renowned parenting expert, certified teacher psychologist, board-certified behavior analyst and author of Winnie & Her Worries shares other information and tools to keep families “happy” while on vacation.
- Find a cause and take action. Making vs giving money decreases feelings of helplessness and increases hope according to positive psychology research
- Buy and gift experiences for items. Create memories that will make your whole family smile.
- Create a holiday ritual and make it a tradition.
- Spend time with the family and friends, as it will boost positive energy and outweigh stress. Remember to delegate!
- Create little joys keeping a happiness list of what makes you happy every day
- Save the best for last by doing your favorite activity or a celebration towards the end of the holidays. Why? Anticipating what’s to come will keep you excited and motivated.
- Ultimately, be attentive and in the moment. It will make you happy in the present tense (pun intended 🙂
Watch the video above for more information.