Jefferson County Public Health Relaxes COVID-19 Rules For Schoolchildren
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) – Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) has changed a public health order and now requires anyone aged 3 and over – instead of 2 and over – to wear a face mask. indoors at school, daycare centers and extra-curricular activities.
JCPH announced on Saturday that the regulations also no longer require social distancing of at least 6 feet when masks are removed at meal times or when instruments are played indoors. Instead, JCPH recommends a distance of 3 feet.
“Last week, we held a town hall with over 60 daycare owners and operators in the county and received feedback on JCPH’s public health ordinance regarding schools and daycares. We heard that the most common challenges in implementing The Order were masking in 2-year-olds, as well as the inability to maintain a six-foot distance when children are unmasked during meals. due to lack of space in many small facilities, ”said Dr. Dawn Comstock, Executive Director, JCPH, in a media statement.
“Although the original JCPH prescription followed the guidelines of the CDC, American Academy of Pediatrics, and Colorado Children’s Hospital regarding appropriate ages for using face coverings, we have listened to those of our community who work with young children every day and have changed the age for the required masking. from 2 years and over to 3 years and over. Additionally, we have changed our order to strongly recommend a distance of at least 3 feet when unmasked for meals, ”Comstock continued.
In summary, the amended public health decree now imposes:
- Masks for all ages 3 and up indoors in all schools, daycares and school-sponsored and school-sponsored extracurricular activities
- By September 7, implement a COVID-19 testing policy requiring all unvaccinated teachers and staff to be tested weekly throughout the school year
- By September 7, implement a COVID-19 testing policy requiring all unvaccinated students and adults participating in school-sponsored and school-sponsored extracurricular activities to be tested weekly
- Post a sign indicating that masks are required in their facilities
- Enforce quarantine for unvaccinated and unmasked people when exposed to an individual case, and enforce quarantine for all unvaccinated people – masked and unmasked – who are exposed during epidemics
- Enforcement of isolation for anyone who tests positive for COVID-19
- Cooperation in case investigation and contact tracing, including reporting of cases and outbreaks to JCPH
Suggest a correction